Skip to main content

Shake your bon bon

I'm the world's best twerker.
Not that you'd know it.
I dance like nobody's watching. Well, because nobody is.

But that's what's so joyful about it.
Because I dance for myself.
And because I love how my body moves to the beat.


Put me in the spotlight, put me on video.
And I freeze. For, my grace is my own.
Not for you. Not to be 'liked' or re-posted. Or whatever.

Because this is what I do, for myself. To feel alive.
It's a private moment, a joy that is mine and mine alone.
Like sipping your first cuppa of the day. Knowing it hits the spot.
Or sharing a smile with your love, cherishing the knowledge that only you know how to touch him a certain way. 
Like giving your child a tight hug, listening to that little lisp
And knowing that soon, these memories will be overlaid with new ones.


Why celebrate and capture it for the world to see?
Because these moments will seep into us, by and by.
Because these are meant to be lived, not 'liked'.

So put on the music you love.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Even if nobody is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why is it...

Why is a magazine always more interesting when your friend is poring over it? For that matter, when you stop at one of those little ricketey jewellery shops that dot M G's and Brigades, why is it that you're suddenly surrounded by an inquisitive crowd of men, women, boys and girls? I guess that's just human nature. Or like that other universal law of nature -- when you desperately need to flag down an autorickshaw, you won't find a single one and the roads will be emptier than the Sahara during a dust-storm. But when you don't want an auto, you'll find those little black and yellow beetles-on-three-wheels sidle past you with the drivers giving you the onceover through their rear view mirrors! But then when things go wrong, the day begins wrong. You wake up with the feeling that you've had a terribly embarrassing dream in which you've done rather weird things/stuff that you wouldn't admit to in the waking world. Then the coffee filter refuses to well,

An eight-legged ode to life

Shared a ride with a spider the other day. Didn't want to, actually. Just didn't spy it (him? her? well, not sure), in time, else I'd have vaulted out. Still, now that we were together, I was forced to acknowledge this other presence. And forced to, for once, actually observe a spider in action. Each time our auto swerved--and believe you me there were potholes aplenty on our route-- spider would swing precariously on an unbelievably thin thread. The auto went right, spider swung left. The auto braked hard, spider was flung up, furiously. Cars honked, cyclists tottered dangerously close, other autos trundled past at breakneck speed. But spider didn't get dislodged. Spider didn't perish. That silken thread was pulled tortuously taut more than once, but it didn't break. And spider's balance never slipped. Watching this most un-comely of creatures perform a tightrope dance to survive in our urban jungle, fascinated me. Spider's confidence that it

Never just a cold

Sometimes it's just a sniffle Still feels so awful. Makes me want to waffle. Sometimes, it's the sneezing. So constant it's not pleasing. Incessant, very unpleasant. Sometimes, it's a whooshing in my ears. Head feels cloudy and unclear. And that I can't really bear. Sometimes, I just can't breathe It even makes me wheeze. Causes me so much grief. Sometimes, it's that streaming nose Terrible to lie comatose, Feebly trying to stem the flow. Because a cold is never, ever just that. Leaves me like a wet rat And knocks me out flat. _______________________